Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Day 9 - Niagara Falls

Day 9 (12 July): The last sight seeing place in my 10 days US Trip and this 2 days tour was one of the largest waterfall in the world - Niagara Falls

"Niagara Falls is the collective name for three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the United States; more specifically, between the province of Ontario and the state of New York. They form the southern end of Niagara George.


Located on the Niagara Rover, which drains Lake Erie into Lake Ontario, the combined falls form the highest flow rate of any waterfall in the world, with a vertical drop of more than 165 feet (50 m).  The Niagara Falls are renowned both for their beauty and as a valuable source of hydroelectric power."

- Wikipedia

While preparing yourself to board the cruise which will take the visitors to the fall, you will feel that something special is coming to your way. Tour guide took us to the cruise and it started to take us to the place. Well, it was a great experience to witness this gigantic water fall. The water droplets coming from the fall will make you drench and you can find number of rainbows. 

Taking pictures - Important information - While on the cruise, you can take out of your phones, camera to take the snaps, but the water droplets coming from the fall, might destroy the screen. But still, be brave enough to capture the scenic beauty. I was carrying my Google Nexus Tablet and taking some pictures when a fellow visitor came and request me to untied the dress provided by Niagara Staff. While helping him out, I put my tablet under my arm and it fell down on the floor during the juggle. When I opened it out - the glass broken from bottom. I spent around 14K INR (when I got back in India) to get it fixed. What is the learning then? Here is what I can tell you:
1) Always purchase insurance when buying an High End Mobile Device.

2) When at cruise (while at Niagara Falls), take care of your device when taking snaps.

3) Put the device in your bag, when you are not taking snaps (or not using it)

4) You can take couple of snaps and then put the device in your bag. And just enjoy the fall. You will love it.

5) Take Phone number of your Tour Guide. Since the place is crowded, you can easily get lost. It's always better to take some numbers of Tour Guide, fellow members to call them and get the location of assembly point, in case when you cannot spot them. It happened with me as I was not able to locate my fellow bus members or the tour guide. I even didn't have their number. I thought of getting lost in the crowd. After spending around 30 minutes to find my crew, I returned to the place which was the main entrance of the park and there I spotted my fellow bus mates to get regrouped with them. You need not to repeat such mistake and get the tour guide phone number while you are in a long trip like this.

Here are the snaps from my visit of Niagara Falls:

Indian Flag, Indian Restaurant? Yes, you spot it right. You will find enough Indian presence in Niagara Falls.

Bridge - Connecting US & Canada

The other side is Canada


Mother Nature!



Wow! Gigantic View


View from the Top


13 comments:

  1. This is a great information.
    I am sure that many people will be benefited.
    Keep traveling and share your wonderful experience..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful information, and amazing shots of the gigantic falls...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trip full of adventure with beautifully clicked pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your experience and info, so sorry about your tablet.
    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani. I am glad that you liked the post. Tablet is working fine now :)

      Delete
  5. great pics... did you take these with the Nexus tab?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thanks to my Google Nexus Tab for these images :)

      Delete